Senior Driver Jobs at The Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board
Department: Finance and Administration
Job Grade: KYEB 10
Reporting To: Personal Secretary to the CEO
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
The Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology. The Board was established in November 2007 by legal Notice No. 187 of 2007. Its mandate comprises facilitating Government communication services through the publication of the annual Kenya Yearbook.
The Board is inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates for the following position.
Job Role: To provide driving services to the Board.
Senior Driver Job Key Responsibilities
- In charge of providing driving services to the CEO’s office;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure, among others;
- Ensuring the vehicle is maintained to the highest standard as per the vehicles maintenance schedule;
- Maintaining a valid work ticket for vehicles assigned.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
- Ensuring security and safety of vehicle on and off the road.
Minimum Academic Qualifications for the Senior Driver Job
- O level certificate or Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) with a minimum of C Plain or its equivalent
Senior Driver Job Professional Qualifications
- A valid driver’s licence BCE classes;
- Passed occupational Test 1 for drivers
- Attended a first Aid Certificate Course at St John’s Ambulance of Kenya or Kenya Institute of Highway and
- Building Technology (KIBHT) or any other recognised Institution
- Attended a refresher course for drivers within (3)Three years at KIHBT or any other recognised institution
- At least 5 (Five) years driving experience in a busy organisation and passed suitability test for Drivers Grade III.
- Ability to prioritise and organise tasks
Team player, positive attitude and self driven
Good verbal and written communication
Listening skills, ability to follow instructions
How to Apply
- If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the job reference on both the cover letter and the envelope accompanied by up to date curriculum vitae, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your email and telephone contacts Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance certificate, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department. The applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to the Boards offices to be received on or before 9th December 2016 Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The Chief Executive Officer Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board NHIF Building 4th Floor Email: [email protected] P.O Box 34035 00100 Nairobi
- Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Boards offices so as to reach the above before the close of Business on or before 9th December 2016 “Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, Youth, people from minority and marginalized groups and communities who meet the requirements of the advertised jobs are encouraged to apply.”