Senior Economist Job at Athi Water Services Board, Kenya
Athi Water Services Board (AWSB) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation.
It is mandated to plan and develop / expand infrastructure for bulk water supply and waste water in Nairobi and Kiambu Counties, and Gatanga District in Murang’a County.
The Board intends to fill the following vacant positions:-
Job Title: Senior Economist
Job Reference: AWSB/SE/4/2016
Senior Economist Job Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager Financial Planning & Analysis the job holder will be responsible for the following duties:-
- Coordinate development , implementation, monitoring and review of the strategic plan and policies;
- Coordinate setting, implementation, reporting and evaluation of annual corporate performance contracting process;
- Carry out economic analysis of investment projects and provide necessary recommendation including providing an opinion on the viability of the projects;
- Develop, implement and review monitoring and evaluation framework for AWSB;
- Monitor and evaluate performance of projects and programmes in line with the project objectives;
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative data analyses in relation to social, economic and environmental data so as to test the effectiveness of AWSB policies, products and/or services and advice on any suitable alternative courses of action;
- Carry out research and data analysis to enable effective planning and achievement of AWSB’s objectives;
- Monitor performance and implementation of policies and programs in line with AWSB strategic plan,
- Carry out analysis on business projection and forecasting;
- Initiate implementation and appraisal of AWSB development strategies and projects;
- Plan and coordinate AWSB’s corporate planning activities and economic analysis;
- Facilitate all departments to prepare, implement and evaluate departmental work plans.
Requirements for Senior Economist Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in degree in Economics, or Economics and Mathematics, or Economics and Statistics (Upper Second Class);
- A minimum of six (6) years’ relevant working experience, two (2) of which must be at a middle management level with relevant responsibility;
- Member of a recognized professional body;
- Good oral, written communication and presentation skills;
- Proficiency and good knowledge in advanced computer applications;
- Good analytical, negotiation and research skills.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Terms of service: Permanent and Pensionable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications quoting the title and reference number of the post being applied for and enclose detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, copy of National ID, current position, remuneration, email address and telephone contact plus names and contacts of three (3) referees so as to reach the undersigned on or before 6th July 2016
Chief Executive Officer,
Athi Water Services Board,
Africa-Re Centre, Hospital Road,
P.O. Box 45283 – 00100,
Email: [email protected]