Senior Editor Jobs at The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation
In charge of Quality Assurance
Reports to:Manager, Publishing, Research & Development
Supervises:Editor I (Quality Assurance)
Senior Editor Job Key Responsibilities
- Assesses manuscripts for content and relevance to established lists.
- Copy-edits manuscripts and other projects as assigned.
- Ensures the printers adhere to production technical specifications for all JKF jobs
- Ensures quality tests are conducted on the printed books as per quality standard procedure guidelines provided by KICD
- Coordinates book production matters in line with the house-style and KICD requirements
- In liaison with subject section heads, plans and supervises peer review.
- Undertakes book registration and legal deposit in accordance with the law.
- Ensures reprints are updated where necessary.
- Coordinates and proofreads service jobs.
- Coordinates issues to do with publishing rights.
- Oversees preparation of tender bids.
- Prepares regular section reports.
- To perform any other relevant duty assigned by the GM-Publishing, Research & Development.
Qualifications for the Senior Editor Job
- Degree in Information Sciences/Publishing or related field.
- A post graduate Diploma in Mass Communication will be an added advantage
- Computer proficiency.
- Leadership training from a reputable institution.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, inter-personal relations, team building, leadership and organizational skills.
- At least 4 years’ experience as Editor I in charge of Quality Assurance or its equivalent.
How to Apply
Visit: http://www.jkf.co.ke/careers.html to apply for the position.