Senior Finance Manager Jobs Kenya
Cytonn Investments is an independent investment management firm, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and D.C. Metro – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering privately placed alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the high-growth East-African region. We currently have over Kshs. 73 billion of investments and projects under mandate, mainly in real estate.
To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills to join the team in the Finance department. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to participate in our share ownership plan.
Lead the budgeting and corporate funding of strategic management initiatives, which include (i) expansion, (ii) acquisitions, (iii) staffing levels, (iv) cost-containment, and (v) consolidation of multiple locations, Special Purpose Vehicles and portfolio companies;
Review department plans, goals and initiatives, including sales, production and revenue targets, budgets and structural setups of each department;
Managing the Finance Team, including Corporate and SPV Accounting, and the over 12-entities under Cytonn Investments. Effectively manage the accurate and timely reporting of Management and Board review papers.
Senior Finance Manager Job Responsibilities
- Overview the preparation and maintenance of all the books of accounts, among them the profit and loss account, the balance sheet, cash flow statement etc. for Cytonn and its affiliates.
- Develop and maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures to be followed.
- Overview and assist with the preparation of payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Ensuring compliance with taxation and any other financial legal requirements.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Communicate and reconcile portfolio activity with custodian banks and administrators.
- Review and analyze monthly portfolio reconciliations to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Timely release of accurate data.
- Train, run internship programmes, and assist others within a team environment.
- Provide strategic advice related to finance, accounting and operations matters to the executive team.
Skills Required for the Senior Finance Manager Job
- At least 7-years of work experience in a Finance related role, with previous Senior Management experience.
- Understanding of all business functions, including investments, real estate, finance, operations, administration, human resources, marketing and brand.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Skills in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Completed CPA qualification, or equivalent, is required.
- Strong IT skills will be an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills as well as the ability to analyze data.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with great accuracy, organization, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion with minimal directions.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain solid relationships with staff members, clients, administrators and custodians.
How to Apply
Apply through our company website, www.cytonn.com/careers. Closing Date: 2nd December 2016