Senior Gender Officer Jobs Public Service Commission (35-45K)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.35, 910 – Ksh.45, 880 p.m. – (Job Group ‘L’)
Qualifications for the Gender Officer Job
For appointment to the grade, a candidate must have:
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Gender Officer I, Job Group ‘K’ or comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Gender Studies, Gender and
- Development, Sociology, Business Administration (Finance /Entrepreneurship Option), Anthropology, Counseling and Psychology, Economics, Law or any other
- Relevant Social Science from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Membership to a relevant professional body (where applicable); and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Note: possession of a certificate in Gender Studies, Gender and Development or any other relevant course lasting not less than or in aggregate of at least one (1) month from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Gender Officer Job
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Facilitating and monitoring gender mainstreaming, socio-economic empowerment, Female Genital Mutilation and Sexual and Gender Based Violence activities;
- Implementing gender mainstreaming and socio-economic empowerment, Female
- Genital Mutilation and Sexual and Gender Based Violence programmes and projects;
- Collecting, collating and analyzing data on Female Genital Mutilation and Sexual and Gender disaggregated data on Ministries/State Departments, Counties and Agencies;
- Identifying opportunities and documenting practices for upscaling and replication of gender programmes; and
- Following up with gender violence victims for the expediency of justice.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
- THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMMISSION HOUSE P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100 NAIROBI
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES,THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates. Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 23rd November, 2016.