Senior HR Officer Job at Management University of Africa
The Senior Human Resource Development Officer will report to the Head of the Human Resources Department and will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Department. As a key member of the Human resource team, he/she will work closely with the Head of Human Resources to build and maintain good relationships with employees across the University.
He/she will act as a key point of contact for managers in providing efficient, effective, comprehensive and professional frontline Human Resource services within University policies, procedures and the law.
Duties for the Senior HR Officer Job
- Assist with developing, updating and implementing Human resource policies and procedure. This position is central to the implementation of the University’s Human Resource Strategy including the Human resource annual plan, building the base of an outstanding Human Resource function, which will provide proactive
- Human Resource solutions aimed at enhancing organisational performance.
- Act as a key point of contact for line managers for employee relations issues and provide advice and guidance in line with the University policies, procedures, employment law and best practice. You will ensure compliance with the legal and statutory requirements. In addition, you will be required to support and coach line managers through all aspects of Human Resource management and employment law in order to build their knowledge and capabilities.
- Manage core Human Resources services in a professional and efficient manner, including recruitment, staff departures, HR information systems and data, benefits administration, efficient coordination of service providers, coordination of staff training and development including orientation and induction.
- Provide front line support and advice on all people related issues, particularly discipline, grievance, performance and sickness. Proactively and effectively manage these cases through to completion; ensuring robust and timely completion. Facilitate exit interviews and process the feedback as required.
Senior HR Officer Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resource management.
- Post graduate diploma in Human Resources Management is added advantage.
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Experience in a busy Human Resources Department for a minimum of 6 years.
- Computer literacy and efficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Those with experience in Training and a Training of Trainers (TOT) certificate will have added advantage.
- Good administrative and coordination skills
- Ability to manage and sustain high cost center performance, compliance and performance Standards.
- Be a team player and possess excellent interpersonal, communication both oral and written, report writing and presentation skills.
- A mature human resource professional with ability to maintain confidentiality, honest, trustworthy with a high degree of personal integrity.
- A people person with ability to win trust.
- Creativity, innovation, objectivity, insight and ability to work with minimum
NB: Those who applied for this position before need not apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 12th June 2017. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE – CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P.O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI
Email: [email protected]