Senior Human Resource Officer Jobs at The Independent Policing Oversight Authority (122-202K)
IPOA GRADE 5
Consolidated Salary Kes.122,000-202,000
The Senior Human Resource Officer will be responsible to the Head of Human Capital through the Principal Human Resource Officer.
Human Resource Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing Human Resource Management issues and activities in compliance with the set HR policies and procedures;
- Facilitating recruitments, appointments, promotions, placement/deployment, training and development, leave, disciplinary and staff welfare;
- Administration of salaries, allowances, gratuity and other benefits;
- Maintaining an up to date human resource information system;
- Preparing and reviewing human resource management plans;
- Undertaking training needs assessment and developing training plans and programmes;
- Facilitating target setting and annual performance appraisal/evaluation;
- Conducting periodic staff awareness programmes in areas such as medical, benefits and staff welfare;
- Ensuring proper records keeping and HR registry management;
- Supervising, guiding, training and development of staff under him/her;
- Provide HR administrative support to other units when required;
- Updating staff medical and other insurance schemes; and
- Ensuring availability to the Authority of all Government human resource related regulations including legal and statutory requirements.
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Required Functional Skills for the Human Resource Job
- Served in the grade of Human Resource Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or six (6) in a comparable and relevant position in the
- Public or Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource
- Management/Development, Industrial Relations, Business Administration (Human Resource Option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences with a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- IHRM Membership;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Required Behavioural Skills
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Demonstrate high ethical standards;
All applicants must attach clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
- Interested persons who meet the above criteria are invited to send their applications by submitting the duly completed IPOA job application Form found on the Authority’s website; www.ipoa.go.ke, updated CV, academic certificates, testimonials and the above specified clearances. Online applications should be sent to [email protected] Canvassing and incomplete applications may lead to automatic disqualification. Applications in a sealed envelope with the job reference number clearly marked should be received by the undersigned on or before Friday, 9th December 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants must note that they may be posted to serve in any part of the country.
- The Chief Executive Officer Independent Policing Oversight Authority P.O Box 23035-00100 Nairobi.
- IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.