Responsible in conducting internal audits related to information technology functions/ processes and the technology applications that support departmental business functions and also responsible for executing Information Systems Audit plan and ensuring that the systems controls are appropriate to the task and functioning effectively.
• Conduct continuous vulnerability & risk assessment of the information technology environment;
• Oversee the control and management of activities of the IS Audit;
• Assist in the development of the annual Information Systems audit plan;
• Continuous review of internal processes and controls to determine their effectiveness in risk management;
• Execute the Information Systems Audit Plan;
• Identify and assesses IT related risk as well as performing tests of controls;
• Facilitate an integrated approach to IT and business auditing;
• Assist Information Systems Auditor manager to coordinate with external auditors on IT related matters;
• Consult engagements relating to information systems and related processes;
• To be involved in pre and post implementation reviews for new system developments, and in the review and follow up of computer security matters;
• To plan and carry out risk driven audit assignments on a functional or area basis under the guidance of an Audit Manager;
• Develop and maintain a sound audit manual detailing audit practices, procedures and standards;
• Attend to other relevant duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Information Systems Audit Manager.
Key performance Measures
• Execution of audit plan
• Rate of clearance of issues raised
• Timely reports
The Senior Internal Auditor, IS will be;
• Accountable to the Internal Audit Manager, IS.
• Work with other departments as and when required.
• External Auditors
Knowledge, experience and qualification required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other relevant IT- related field.
• A Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) is core.
• CISM, CRISC will be an added advantage.
• 4-6 years working experience in an internal audit environment .
Technical and functional competencies;
• Knowledge of internal audit procedure
• Report writing-ability to develop reports
• Decision making –ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner
• High moral and ethical standing
• Highly motivated
• Communications Skills
• Building Relationships
• Focuses on the Customers
• Develops Self
• Solves Problems
• Develops Self
• Solves problems
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other relevant IT- related field.