The Office of the Controller of Budget is an independent Office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Its core mandate is to oversee implementation of the budgets of the National and County governments, approve withdrawals from the Consolidated Fund (Article 206), County Revenue Fund (Article 207) and Equalisation Fund (Article 204) and report on Budget Implementation to Parliament every four months.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit a highly qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Senior Internal Auditor
Grade COB 5
Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor, the officer will be responsible for the implementation of appropriate internal control systems
- Implement appropriate internal control systems for the organization
- Implement internal audit policies, systems and procedures,
- Implement audit plans;
- Compile periodic and special audit reports;
- Undertake internal audit in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards;
- Implement risk mitigation strategies and policies;
- Carry out post audit reviews to ensure implementation of agreed corrective action plans;
- Continuously review procedures and policies to ensure that adequate controls are in place;
- Execute special assignments as per the specified terms of reference;
- Verify correctness and validity of pension claims;
- Approve payment of pensions claims.
Requirements for the position
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in either Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant;
- Must have at least 5 years experience in an auditing environment at management level;
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Must be an active member of a relevant professional body with good standing;
- A Masters Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or its equivalent from a recognized university will be an added advantage.
Required skills and personal attributes
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Should be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya
Terms and Conditions of Service: Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package and will be appointed on a three (3) year contract term.
How to Apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, Home County, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card.
You should also give the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Controller of Budget Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue. P.O Box 35616-00100
The closing date is 15th September, 2015.
Only complete applications received by this deadline will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.