Senior Inspections Officer Jobs at The Independent Policing Oversight Authority
IPOA GRADE 5
Consolidated Salary Kes.122,000-202,000
The Senior Inspections Officer will be responsible to Director, Inspections and Monitoring through the Head of Inspections and Monitoring.
Inspections Officer Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting inspection of police premises and detention facilities under the Control of the service;
- Preparing timely and accurate inspection reports;
- Conducting of thematic, impromptu and routine Inspections of Police premises in accordance with laid down regulations;
- Doing analysis of the Inspections conducted; and
- Providing rapid response action during eventualities.
- Must be a citizen of Kenya.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Required Functional Skills for the Inspections Officer Job
- Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Inspection or Monitoring Officer or four (4) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Law, Public Administration, Criminology & Criminal Justice, Sociology, Political Science, Human Rights, Social Sciences or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills with special emphasis on data analysis;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Candidates with field experience in inspections and monitoring will have added advantage.
Required Behavioural Skills
- A candidate must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player;
- Demonstrate high ethical standards;
All applicants must attach clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)