The purpose of the job is to strengthen academic leadership, delivery and support in the Departments of Leadership, Business, Computing & IT, Community Development, Bible & Theology, Psychology and Communication.
Senior Lecturer Job Minimum Requirements
An applicant must possess an earned PhD degree, or its equivalence, with expertise in any one of the areas indicated below:
- Business Department (ref: HR/SL01/16) – in Business-related disciplines.
- Bible and Theology (ref: HR/SL02/16) – in Biblical and/or Theological related disciplines.
- Community Development Department (ref: HR/ SL03/15) – in Community Development and/or Development Studies related disciplines.
- ICT Department (ref: HR/ SL04/16) – in Information Technology and/or Computing related disciplines.
- Leadership (ref: HR/ SL05/16) – in Leadership-related disciplines.
- Communication Department (ref: HR/ SL06/16) – in Communication-related disciplines.
- Psychology (ref: HR/ SL07/16) – Specifically in the Marriage and Family Therapy discipline.
In Addition to the above, applicants must have the following:
- Have at least 3 (three) years teaching experience as a Lecturer in the relevant area;
- Have substantial experience in developing Academic programmes;
- Have successfully supervised at least three (3) postgraduate students;
- Evidence of continuing research including having published at least four (4) articles in refereed journals or two (2) articles in refereed journals plus one (1) book by a reputable publisher since being appointed as a Lecturer (minimum of 32 publication points);
- Evidence of active participation in departmental activities and good quality teaching;
- Evidence of ability to attract research funding is an added advantage.
- Understanding and willingness to adhere to the PAC University Statement of Faith.
Key Responsibilities for Senior Lecturer Jobs
- Exercise academic leadership for all subject area activities – teaching and research, as appropriate;
- Design, develop, and deliver a range of programmes of study at various levels;
- Lead the development and implementation of teaching and learning strategy;
- Lead and coordinate research activity in the subject area;
- Supervise theses and projects at the postgraduate level;
- Contribute to the development of academic policies across the institution;
- Promote and market the work of the Department in the subject area.
- Oversee adherence to Internal Quality Assurance mechanisms
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, kindly send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae to The DVC Administration & Finance, Pan Africa Christian University, on email to [email protected]; not later than Friday, 2nd December 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Pan Africa Christian University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.