This role works with the legal management team in the provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks
Main Responsibilities of the Job
• Provide legal counsel and advice
• Reviewing progress of outstanding litigation and liaising with and managing external lawyers.
• Reviewing ongoing cases and advising management accordingly.
• Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken
• Providing and interpreting legal information, conducting training and disseminating appropriate legal requirements to staff
• Reviewing all contracts or any other documentation where the Group has committed itself and assessing legal implications that need to be brought to the senior management’s attention
• Preparing, reviewing and modifying contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities
• Conduct legal research and investigation, develop oral and written advice and present recommendations to management.
• Monitor the fees of counsel and other external advisors and make recommendations to management as appropriate
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
• Minimum level of academic qualification, skills and knowledge required to perform effectively in the role
• Bachelor of Laws Degree
• Diploma School of Law (Diploma KSL)
• Minimum level of personal and professional experience required to perform effectively in the role
• At least four 4- 6 years’ experience in Law in a busy organisation
The Senior Legal Associate will be;
Accountable to the Assistant Legal Manager
Work with all the departments.
Key Performance Indicators
Compliance with all regulation and legislation
Knowledge of legal concepts
Report writing-ability to develop reports
High moral and ethical standing
• Communication skills
• Building Relationships
• Focuses on the Customers
• Develops Self
• Solves Problems
Friday, September 4, 2015
• Bachelor of Laws Degree and a Diploma School of Law (Diploma KSL)