Senior Medical Specialist Jobs at Public Service Commission
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.109,089 – Ksh.144,928 p.m. – (Job Group ‘R’)
Requirements for the Senior Medical Specialist Job
- Served for a cumulative period of fifteen (15) years, three (3) of which should have been in the grade of Medical Specialist II, Job Group ‘P’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- A Bachelors of Science degree in Medicine and Surgery from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Masters of Science degree in Occupational Safety and Health or relevant and equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Been registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board;
- A certificate in specialized discipline on Occupational Safety and Health lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Been a current member of Kenya Occupational Safety and Health Association;
- Attended Strategic Leadership Course in a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capabilities in enforcement of Occupational Safety and Health Act and Work Injury Benefits Act.
Senior Medical Specialist Job Responsibilities
- Implementing the Occupational Safety and Health Act, the Work Injury Benefits Act, subsidiary legislations and codes of practice;
- Developing and maintaining effective programmes for promotion of occupational health services;
- Coordinating occupational health services;
- Coordinating Work Injury Evaluation for the purpose of compensation;
- Coordinating training and research in the areas of occupational health; and
- Collecting, compiling, analyzing and disseminating information on occupational health; and
- Initiating ratification of international standards on occupational health.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications online through the Commission website www.publicservice.go.ke or job portal www.psckjobs.go.ke by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
- THE SECRETARY/CEO PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMMISSION HOUSE P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100 NAIROBI
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES,THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates. Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 23rd November, 2016.