(NLC GRADE 6) TWO (2) POSTS
An officer at level position will responsible for the implementation of the, Constitutional mandate – Article 67 (2,3) to ‘Conduct research related to land and the use of natural resources, and make recommendations to appropriate authorities.
Gross Salary Scale for The position of Senior Research Officer (Min Kshs. 90,000 – Max Kshs.130,000)
Duties for the Senior Research Officers Job
The successful candidate will be responsible to perform the following functions;
- Working closely with the Principal Researcher for high-level and strategic advice on research matters in the Commission’s work, and assist the Principal Researcher in developing research capacity.
- To conduct both desktop research as well as on-the-field investigation to collect evidence and information on land matters.
- Research and analyze a wide range of land issues and strategies in relation to improved land governance projects.
- Conduct desktop and field research to ensure accurate and professional research results are delivered timely.
- Keep abreast of research issues in the land sector. Provide timely information relevant to the research projects.
- Prepare research materials and publications.
- Monitor, capture, filter and organize information and data into databases to ensure strategic and valuable information is available for land policy and advocacy purposes
- Analyze information and data, and produce research reports and papers to support research goals.
- Directing the work of research officers and assist in coordinating research.
- Identify and develop research proposals.
- Assess proposals including conceptual, methodological, operational, evaluative and financial aspects.
- Determine mechanisms for dissemination and utilization of research results.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with funding agencies for project activities.
- Prepare project documents for approval as well as project completion reports
- Coordinate the preparation of MoUs and Research contracts.
- Plan and manage research project evaluations.
- Compile quarterly reports.
- Assist researchers in writing, editing and publishing research results.
- Assist in the production and dissemination of Knowledge Management and implement in the setting up of the National Land Policy and Research Centre.
Senior Research Officers Job Requirements
For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Land Administration, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Sciences, Land Economics, Statistics relevant to land, Political Science, Education, Policy Studies, Sustainable Development or disciplines in the Humanities and Social Sciences field of study related to the land from a recognized Institution. The academic and/or professional qualifications must be relevant to researching land matters.
- A good record of accomplishment of research, related activities and research publications in a discipline related to the land sector is essential. At least two (2) research-based
publications (in refereed journals) related to land matters is an essential requirement for this position.
- Have a strong research and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to formulate research plan, collect and analyze useful data and information; knowledge of research tools and methodology is mandatory.
- Must have served in a research field in the public or private sector for at least five (5) years, two (2) of which demonstrate the applicant’s ability to manage projects and project members to deliver objectives on time.
- Experience with statistical software, knowledge of relational databases, and data retrieval and experience of working with large data sets is highly desirable.
- Ability to perform under pressure in a challenging situation and knowledge of professional standards and relevant legislation related to the land sector is essential.
How to Apply
Candidates should attach all documents to the application form. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
National Land Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution -Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and Persons Living With Disabilities. Therefore, People with Disabilities, the Marginalized and the Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, Academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to present clearance certificates from the following institutions:
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission -EACC
Kenya Revenue Authority -KRA
Credit Reference Bureau -CRB
Higher Education Loan Board -HELB
Directorate of Criminal Investigations – CID
All Applications should be submitted both online through the recruitment portal in our website i.e www.landcommission.go.ke and hard copies to:
The Secretary/CEO National Land Commission 1st Ngong Road, Ardhi House 12th Floor, Room 1205 P.O Box 44417-00100 Nairobi.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission on/or before 17th July, 2017 by 5.00pm