Senior Security Officer Job At Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KCAA SCALE 7
Department / Section: Human Resource and Administration
Reports To: Chief Administration Officer
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development established under the Civil Aviation Act, No. 21 of 2013. The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill vacant positions in the establishment
Senior Security Officer Job Purpose
- To develop security systems and procedures for protecting KCAA assets and documents, coordinate and oversight their implementation.
Senior Security Officer Job Responsibilities
- Developing specifications for security contracts
- Oversighting compliance of terms by contracted security agencies.
- Appraising, monitoring and evaluating KCAA’s needs for security services and making recommendations to Management.
- Liaising with Procurement and Legal departments in the procurement of Security Services
- Performing field and spot checks regularly across all premises (EASA, control tower, outer stations etc.) to identify any security issues and recommend corrective measures
- Overseeing the protection the organization’s assets against theft, pilferage, damage, misuse, sabotage or all other harmful causes.
- Conducting periodic safety drills for all staff.
- Initiating and maintaining linkages with law enforcement agencies to enhance The Authority’s security.
- Collecting and collating intelligence information on current trends in crime and other security matters that could adversely affect the Authority and advise Management accordingly.
- Performing any other duty assigned by the senior Administration Officer.
Qualifications For Senior Security Officer Job
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
- Proof of training in Security oversight.
- Five years working experience in one of the disciplined forces.
- Served at the level of Inspector or equivalent in one of the disciplined forces
- Ability to correctly assess security risks and to sensitize management accordingly.
- Ability to conduct emergency drills and provide safety instructions.
- Proficiency in office suite and desktop publishing tools.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have a certificate of good conduct.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates for the job vacancies are required to apply online by logging into KCAA recruitment portal at here
- Fill in the required information and attach copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV indicating among other things current day time telephone and full contact of three professional referees. The applications should be received not later than 23rd September 2016.
- Hardcopy applications are also acceptable but applicants are required to quote the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, then submit to the address indicated below. Take note that online applications will still be required even if hard copy applications are submitted. Female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The Director General Kenya Civil Aviation Authority KCAA AVIATION HOUSE P. O. BOX 30163 – 00100 NAIROBI