Our client a mobile commerce company operating a payments ecosystem connecting financial sector customers, Mobile Network Operators and businesses to their increasingly mobile consumers are currently looking for Senior Implementation Engineer that will be responsible to develop software according to functional and technical design specifications and maintain a “common sense” approach that serves to recognize potential design gaps and provide insight into closing them
• Prepare and document and share project plan and Software Design.
• Analyze and critique requirements and make recommendations on possible solution designs.
• Establish all possible options for designing and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input and the customers’ best interest.
• Research new technologies that push the boundaries and capabilities of design and provide insight.
• Design projects/products with longevity, foresight and saleability in mind.
• Accountable for efficiency-focused software that serves to ensure that all code is highly reusable and modular.
• Author and maintain technical design documentation that fully defines all application code.
• Provide feedback on test cases and test coverage to the quality assurance team.
• Review code for potential performance issues, re-usability, and/or anomalies
• Perform and assist with quality assurance activities as needed
• Assess, troubleshoot, document and resolve issues
• Develop and contribute to the improvement of maintenance procedures
• Adhere to the terms of the Operating Level Agreement.
• Recording of time and tasks and Escalating and documenting any issues identified
• Ensure reports capture the four I’s (Information, Insight, Implementation, Impact)
• Consume analyse and critique reports within the team
• Identify areas of improvement, prepare material and organise training within the team.
• Degree in IT, Computer Science or related fields of study.
• Excellent understanding of Software development methodologies and related SDLC’s
• A minimum of 5 years experience in software development.
• Experience in diverse dynamic conditions with minimal supervision in an intense environment (+2yrs)
• A minimum 2 years leading a team of two or more engineers.
• Expertise in design disciplines and processes, experience in client server solution architecture, MVC Models, OOP and High performance solutions.
• Expertise in at least 2 back end programming languages e.g. Java, C, C++, C#, Perl, Python, VB.Net, shell
• Expertise in at least 3 presentation languages e.g. ASP, PHP, Ruby, JSP/JSF, Android, Objective C etc.