This role is responsible for managing and advancing the first- level support, second level support of end-user service requests and computing issues. The position requires strong supervisory skills, a deep commitment to end-user satisfaction and experience in driving process improvement.
- Carries supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies to manage the service desk staff, including motivating them, recruiting, preparing overall performance evaluations and training;
- Develop, manage, measure and report on key service-level metrics, including average response time, first-contact resolution rate, mean time to repair, cost per call, call avoidance, demand mix and end-user productivity;
- Strive for continuous improvement of the incident management process and the integration of the incident management process with other IT operations management processes, such as problem and change management;
- Build and maintain relationships with all IT units to ensure that IT-delivered services and end-user productivity goals are understood and exceeded;
- Perform end-user satisfaction surveys (transactional and periodic), and develop action plans to address areas needing improvement;
- Advance the use of a knowledge repository to share information among all levels of IT service and support;
- Prepare cost analyses, budget plans and proposals as needed;
- Be an active member of the change, release, asset and problem management teams responsible for increased call avoidance, improved asset use and decreased end-user downtime;
- Leverage service desk best practices and process frameworks, such as the ITIL, to drive continual process improvement;
- Promote self-service tools and the knowledge repository as mechanisms to improve end- user satisfaction and reduce costs;
- Perform trend analyses, and develop action plans for improving service timeliness and reducing costs. Develop and monitor Service Desk success criteria including responsiveness and customer satisfaction;
- Stay abreast of trends in service desk operations, management, technologies, sourcing, policies, procedures and other external changes that could have an impact on service desk services;
- Develop a strategy for leveraging social networking to capture support activities, increase business communication and help support end users;
- Monitors the service desk report tracking system and monitor outstanding or critical issues.
- Ensures that work is performed and completed in an efficient and timely manner, and meets customer needs and corporate quality standards;
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolve conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues;
- Manage the service desk 24/7 throughout the year and must be available for off-hour support when necessary; and
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, experience and qualification required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years managing a Service Desk function in an environment similar in size and complexity to Britam (required).
- ITIL V3 certification (required).
- Experience in working with an ITSM tool.
- Sound communications skills and experience working alongside other IT and business management professionals.
- Ability to foster relationships with end users and must become the champion of end-user satisfaction.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Communication skills
- Building relationships
- Focuses on the customers
- Develops self
- Solves problems
Friday, July 14, 2017
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience