The Kenya National Commission for UNESCO (KNATCOM) is a State Corporation established under the KNATCOM Act of 2013 which aims to advance UNESCO’s agenda in Kenya by contributing to peace and sustainable development through promotion of international standards and best practices in the five fields of UNESCO’s competence namely: Education; Natural Sciences; Social & Human Sciences; Culture; Communication & Information.
To enable it fulfill its mandate, the Commission wishes to recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven persons to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Management Officer
Grade: S 3 (Upper)
Reports To: Chief Supply Chain Management Officer
Directs reports: None
Scope: Supply Chain Management Department
Classification: Technical Staff
Location: Nairobi, Headquarters
Purpose of the Job: To implement policies, strategies and plans of the Supply Chain Management Department.
Gross Salary Ksh. 65,110 – 71,880 Pm
Leave Allowance – Ksh. 6,000
Medical Allowance – As per scheme rules
Group Life & Accident Cover
Terms P n P
Pension Contribution rate (basic salary)
Employee – 7.5%
Employer – 12.5%
Function of the Supply Chain Management Office: This Department exists to perform the following functions: development of procurement policies, strategies and plans; procurement planning and budgeting; controlling purchasing budgets; managing products specifications; management of vendors and suppliers; acquisition of goods and services; inventory custody and management; negotiation and contract management; market research and analysis; management of assets disposal; ensuring regulatory compliance and procurement reporting.Duties and Responsibilities: The officer will be responsible to the Chief Supply Chain Management Officer for the coordination and implementation of the Procurement Services in a results oriented and timely manner to achieve the Corporations’ goals, objectives and agreed performance targets.
This will entail inter alia:
- Ensure the achievement of the functions and objectives of the Supply Chain Management Department;
- Implement the day to day business of the Supply Chain Management Department.
- Prepare annual procurement plans and maintain proper internal controls
- Execute and communicate the Commission’s procurement policies, strategies, and plans and ensure their evaluation thereof
- Prepare and submit procurement policy and technical papers to the relevant and authorized offices in good time and provide follow up activities as may be required.
- Manage the procurement administrative structures, processes and systems in the Department
- Provide regular communication to the Head, Supply Chain Management on key technical, financial, administrative and partnerships matters
- Facilitate stakeholder management and the enhancement of the Department’s corporate image
- Implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations and quality service delivery.
- Undertake market research and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Provide support secretariat services to the procurement Committees
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Secretary General/CEO.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields namely; Business Administration (Supplies Mgt Option), Commerce, Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Procurement and Supplies Management Law from a recognized and accredited institution
- Postgraduate Diploma in Procurement or Supplies Management from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of a registered supply chain professional body
- Possess a minimum of four (4) years of hands on experience in the relevant field or profession or serving at a comparable level
- Demonstrated competence and results from work performance within the supply chain unit of a reputable organization
- Possess good industry knowledge and experience of government supply chain processes and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of government procurement legislations and policies affecting the procurement function
General Knowledge and Skills
- Software knowledge, analytical skills, good interpersonal and communication skills, ethics and PC skills
- Team player, flexible, has integrity and commitment to production results, self-motivated, organized, professional and dependable.
- Mental, Physical and Work environment characteristics
- Normal office meetings, occasional field visits, normal working hours and normal office setting
How to Apply
1. CLICK HERE to Download the KNATCOM 1A application form
2. Complete the form and attach the relevant certificates
3. Drop or mail the documents to
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
P.O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 14th Floor
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline of application is 4th of September 2015 at 5.00pm