Senior Trade Development Officer Job Vacancies at Kakamega County, Kenya
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Senior Trade Development Officer‘L’ (3 POSTS)
Reporting to County Loans Management Officer
Trade Development Officer Job Duties and responsibilities in Kenya
- Participate in the development of policies and programs for business development services for the Micro and Small Enterprises operators
- Set credit policies, credit lines, procedures and standards in conjunction with the senior management
- Promote and market business trade loans
- Monitor, Evaluate and assess loans, appraisal, approvals proper securitization and compliance to Audit Standards
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants’ credit histories, corporate financial statements and other financial information
- Ensure loan repayments and recoveries are within the stipulated time
- Review and update credit loan files and prepare reports on Investment Performance
- Build entrepreneurial capacity of the fund beneficiaries with basic business skills
- Handle complaints and disputes and take appropriate section to resolve them
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of annual Budgets and business development plans.
- Ensure supervision, Appraisal, Coaching, Motivation and Development of staff and recommend appropriate training needs;
- Obtaining and compiling copies of loan applicants’ Credit History, Corporate Financial Statements, and other financial information;
- Review and update credit and loan files and prepare reports on investment performance;
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum qualification and experience for Trade Development Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Served in the grade of Enterprise Development Officer or in a comparable and relevant position for a minimum period of eight (8) years;
- Degree in Business Administration/ Finance/Economics /Commerce/Law/ a related field from a recognized Institution;
- A Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines; Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Enterprise Development/Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management/Development, Arts and Design or any other Social Science from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage.
- Shown Professionalism, Competence and administrative capability and initiative in the general organization and management of the enterprise development function;
- A thorough understanding of National goals, policies and development objectives and ability to translate them into Enterprise Development Policies and Programmes;
- Lending and relationship management experience to create a balance between credit risk and customer service;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a Financial Institution handling Micro and SME clients;
- Have excellent interpersonal, analytical, organization and management skills;
- Knowledge of Economic and Accounting principles and practices, Financial markets, Banking analysis and reporting of financial data;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Terms: Permanent and Pensionable. If you had applied, please do not re-apply
Applicants For The Above Positons Are Required To Get Clearance From The Following To Meet Requirements Of Chapter 6 Of The Constitution Of Kenya 2010:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity card or Passport, and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope. Kakamega county residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin. Applications should be submitted to: The Secretary/CEO County Public Service Board P.O. BOX 458-50100 Kakamega Hand delivered applications can be submitted at County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor. All applications should reach this office on or before 1st March, 2016