Application Deadline Date:03-Jul-17
Type:Fixed term, Full-time
International Role:No – Only National applicants will be considered.
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate within East Africa, South Africa, West Africa or Middle East & European Region where WVI is registered to operate.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A Service Management Specialist II provides support for moderate to complex service assignments. They work on multiple projects/systems/issues at a time as a project team member, sometimes as a project lead. They deliver IT solutions and support for a multiple entities or offices.
Individuals within the Service Management job family work as the interface with assigned areas of the business (i.e., National Office, Regional Office, multiple Regions) for the purpose of assuring and planning IT service. These individuals serve as the relationship linkage between global ICT and National/Regional IT services. They provide highly-valued consulting level support, guidance and planning through key IT service initiatives, and review, manage and ensure service level agreements. They also communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff.
Individuals must be able to communicate clearly, negotiate well, listen well, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills. They must be able to work collaboratively with system users, other technical colleagues and business users. They need good project management skills and experience of managing multiple projects. They work closely with others on service issues across organizational and business-entity boundaries. Their knowledge of technology risks and opportunities are shared to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business.
- Second point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users.
- Responds to Level 2 support requests via multiple sources such as phone and e-mail.
- Ensures that all customer issues/requests are recorded into the ticketing system.
- Diagnoses problems by evaluating multiple options and escalates problems when necessary as per procedure.
- Interacts with clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Participates in integration and user acceptance testing of new service desk tools/practices.
- Creates, modifies and reviews documentation of issues resolutions.
- Documents solutions to common problems and responses to frequently asked questions.
- Creates and submits documented resolution to Knowledge Base.
Service Level Agreements:
- Collaborates in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets.
- Explains service procedures to clients.
- Follows up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Keeps performance metrics.
- Identifies recurring and potential problems and notifies team members.
- Recommends ideas for improving queue time, abandoned call rates and first contact resolution.
Service Management Processes & Knowledge Base:
- Implement and operate Service Management processes i.e. Incident Management, Knowledge Base, Problem Management, etc,
- Contribute to successful use of service management work practices and reporting framework
- Continuously contribute to development of knowledge articles to known workarounds to issues.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with individual users, groups, functions and key stakeholders to coordinate support.
- Communicates with users and/or team members on a regular basis as to the status of assignments.
- Coordinates input to project schedules, deliverables, or cost at a local level.
- Participate in assigned project activities including UATs.
- Monitors service level agreements to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded.
- Escalates problems as required based on SLAs.
- Measures against metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to less experienced colleagues.
- May develop and deliver briefings to users and team members.
- Special assignments as appropriate to the role.
- Attend, participate in, and lead devotional/chapel meetings as scheduled and convened.
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, World Vision reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Technical certification in one or more IT disciplines or technology. E.g. ITIL Foundation, Microsoft certification, project management training, customer service and communication, etc.
- Experience in Service / Account Management, Customer Support, Project Management, Continuous Improvement, or Issue Resolution.
- Typically requires 5 to 7 years of experience within the relevant area of work performed preferably in IT or high tech industry with Service Management experience in ICT Managed Services.
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within World Vision.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with all the staff.
- Ability to communicate technical procedures or tasks to non-IT customers.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and cope with pressure.
- Strong analytical, reporting and organizational skills.