Organization: Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
Duty Station: Arua and Amuru, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is an advisory and research organization focused on evaluation and implementation of behavioral interventions in understudied countries and populations. Busara’s mission is to work with researchers and organizations to advance and apply behavioral science in pursuit of poverty alleviation. This involves the application of research and rigorous methods to enable partners to improve program design, evaluate existing programs, and optimize internal processes. To this end, Busara has worked with a variety of organizations in an advisory capacity to apply behavioral insights, build analytical models, and develop new products. In addition, in its research center capacity, Busara operates a Nairobi-based lab capable of implementing advanced experiments in psychology, behavioral economics and other academic disciplines.
Job Summary: The Field Officer will support the project titled “Community Messaging and Civic Participation.” The incumbent will support the implementation of the project to the end and will be majorly responsible for carrying out field surveys and proving daily reports to the supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administering surveys appropriately
- Facilitating individual and group-based exercises
- Transcribing and translating of the surveys
- Providing daily reports to supervisor
- Coordinating with team members on field activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Field Officer should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in social sciences, economics, development studies or statistics.
- At least two years’ experience in conducting qualitative research.
- Past experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis – show proof of this in application
- Previous experience using computer assisted interviewing or ODK is a plus.
- Have the following qualities: are diligent and organized, have the ability to motivate and counsel others, have a positive attitude, are active and respectful listeners, have strong interpersonal skills, and have passion for community-based social work.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (Mandatory).
- Excellent communication, individual and group-based exercise facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recognize when questions are difficult or unclear to subjects.
- Excellent note taking ability during interviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Acholi or Lugbara and English (Mandatory)
Duration: Successful candidates will be hired for a duration of 3 weeks, from 30th January 2017 to 3rd March 2017. There will be high chance of re-hiring for further, similar work, to commence again in March 2017.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and cover letter to [email protected] and ensure that the subject line reads: “Field Officer: REF NO: BU-2017-01-18”. Only online applications shall be considered.
Deadline: 30th January 2017