Job Title: Intern (Several No Experience Jobs)
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Lubowa, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Intern will have an opportunity to participate in the following roles;
- Offer support in the implementation of department projects
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions
- Prepare weekly presentations
- Actively participate in department activities as requested by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the M-KOPA Internship jobs should hold be students in the fields of Logistics, Information Technology, Human Resources, Administration, Data Management, Procurement, Finance/Accounting and Marketing/Sales.
- Keen interest in M-KOPA and its operations
- Passion for work and career growth.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex processes and willingness to ask for help and/or clarification when needed
- Highly resourceful. Think about the big picture rather than being guided step by step.
- Self – motivation, thorough about completing assignments and display of initiative
- Possession of social skills to handle interactions with staff and other clients
- An exciting team with motivated colleagues
- Plenty of scope and opportunities to develop
- Close collaboration with experts in other disciplines
- Exciting and challenging projects
- A corporate culture that encourages personal responsibility, demands and values maximum performance
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: [email protected] addressed to with the subject “Intern” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Lubowa Estate, Plot 1300 -1301 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 27th January, 2017