Job Title: Several Sales & Marketing Jobs
Organization: SPOUTS of Water (SPOUTS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SPOUTS of Water (SPOUTS) is a social enterprise that manufactures and distributes cost-effective ceramic water filters, PurifaayaTM, in Uganda with the social mission of improving the clean water access. In most developing countries, international agencies and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) give away systems to provide clean water to impoverished areas. This culture of free distribution has created a ‘hand-out’ mentality that deprives people of ownership and responsibility for their own health. SPOUTS takes a more sustainable and empowering social enterprise approach to providing access to clean water through the sale of our filters. SPOUTS currently employees more than 20 local employees and is in the process of rapidly expanding its presence in Uganda by partnering with a wide range of partners. SPOUTS Sales & Marketing Team is looking to hire individuals talented with overall marketing.
As SPOUTS continues to rapidly expand its presence in the Ugandan market and its network of
distribution partners, in order to sustain desired level of sales, there is a growing demand for us to further develop SPOUTS’ overall marketing strategies, refine its marketing mixes, and implement various forms of marketing activities such as market-activation promotions and ATL/BTL advertisements. Given that SPOUTS’ partners range wide from NGOs to government agencies to SACCOs/COOPs to conventional retailers throughout the country, you will interact with a large of number of our partners, study their distribution/sales models, and custom-design marketing strategies accordingly. As we organize a new marketing department in our team, this marketing position will come with many challenging responsibilities as well as incredibly enriching and rewarding opportunities to define your role. Although SPOUTS is a young organization, we believe we have an incredible potential for growth.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates should be excited and ready to meet numerous challenges and grow with the team.
- We are looking for talented, responsible, and ambitious individuals preferably with a few years of marketing experiences.
- The right candidates should be able to look at marketing at all different levels, eager to learn, and has a great potential for growth.
- Fluency in English is a must, knowledge of local languages preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and quantitative abilities
- An initiative-taker; ability to thrive in new and unfamiliar situations
- Proven ability to be proactive and independent
- Skilled in communication offline/online communications in a team setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google drive documents
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated resumes and cover letters to [email protected]