Job Title: Teachers (Several Job Opportunities)
Organization: Salaama Vocational Education Center (SVEC)
Duty Station: Lyantonde, Uganda
Salaama Vocational Education Center, is situated at Block 77, Plot 51, Kijjukizo Kabale Village road in Lyantonde, Western Uganda, East Africa. It is a UBTEB registered, private tertiary institution managed on behalf of the community as a Limited Company by a dedicated Board of Directors and Community Representatives. Our students thrive on a 20-acre campus that is like nothing else in the country. Being a part of the SVEC family teaches students about character and community.
Job Summary: The Teachers will teach the 2-year certificate level UBTEB registered courses at Salaama Vocational Education Center.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diligently and competently perform preparatory and fulfilment activities related to vocational teaching and learning.
- Employ creative student centered learning that is realistic in terms of current and future job specifications for trainees.
- Manage with integrity and prudently all resources under your mandate and understand that you are accountable for the same.
- Support the workshop operations:
- Avail workshop rules and regulations and ensure students adhere them
- Keep up to date records of all workshop resources
- Assist in minor repair processes of equipment and advise on need for outsourced repairs.
- Guide students through and ensure quality end products/ service methods
- Participate in setting, administering and marking internal examinations and then prepare students for external practical examinations.
- Assess production contracts for viability of school income generation.
- Support student well-being; mental, physical, educational and other special needs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Teachers should have practical teaching experience in Automotive Mechanics, Culinary, Agriculture, Fashion and Garment Design, Building Construction or Carpentry
- The applicants should be passionate about teaching, skilled in their areas of expertise with a desire to work in an exceptionally well outfitted modern school with fully equipped workshops
- Demonstrate relevant and high level craftsmanship skills
How to Apply:
All applicants are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs /resumes to [email protected] Please do not send any other documents.