Job Title: Programme Assistant (Several UN Jobs)
Organization: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
Job Summary: The Programme Assistant supports the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Render support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Tasked with providing support in resource mobilization
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNICEF Programme Assistant job placement should have completed secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- At least five years (for GS-5) or 6 years (for GS-6) of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience in a large organisation.
- Experience in a developing country and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Integrity
- Core Competencies: Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results
- Functional Competencies: Analyzing, Applying technical expertise, Planning and organizing, Following Instructions and Procedures.
NB: UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join the United Nations Children’s Fund, UNICEF, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below. Please further review job requirements and if competent Click Apply Now.
Deadline: 22nd August 2017