Shelter-Afrique is a regional Housing Finance Institution Agriculture and Animal Resources established by African Governments dedicated to investment in housing and urban development in African Countries.
Shareholders include 44 African countries, the African Development Bank, The Africa Re-Insurance Corporation.
Shelter-Afrique intends to carry out a Joint Venture Project with other Partners for delivery of housing units from inception to completion, sales and closing.
In this regard, Shelter Afrique invites applications from suitably qualified persons, to fill the vacant position of Project Manager.
- Develop and implement the project delivery plan in accordance with the key milestones;
- Coordinate the review and approval of Contractor proposals, drawings, samples requirements, work plans, and ensure compliance with delivery standards, targets and budgets;
- Proactively identify and resolve project critical path issues using instruments including the communication plan, procurement plan, cost management plan, quality management plan and progress acceleration plan; d) Monitor Contractors performance and ensure compliance with contract and quality standards;
- Oversee procurement and award of tenders to specialist contractors;
- Oversee management of project finances including equity and debt financing, budgeting and budget reviews, taxation and update project financial appraisals periodically;
- Prepare monthly cost forecasts and cash flow summaries;
- Receive, review, contract valuations, contractors payment requests and recommend for approvals;
- Prepare and submit monthly project monitoring reports including the mitigation measures in place to proactively manage project risks;
- Liaise with sales and marketing team and facilitate development of product information, sales and marketing strategy, show house completion, pricing of housing units, and sales targets in order to optimise revenue;
- Oversee the administration of escrow accounts to ensure timely and accurate receipt of sales revenue;
- Manage communications and engagement with project stakeholders;
- Oversee, verify and confirm all project completion, closure and post contract activities including cocertification of each phase, final accounts, snagging, defect rectifications, and final accounts;
- Proactively review and resolve issues and ensure compliance of the Consultants to the consultancy service level agreements;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Building, Building Economics, Construction Project Management or equivalent with at least ten years’ experience in large scale construction project management.