Industry: (FMCG) Manufacturing
Location : Nairobi
Salary : Negotiable based on Experience
Roles for the Shift Production Manager Job
- Focusing on factory Operational efficiencies, OEE including measuring all processes and process inputs and outputs.
- Full use of the Production module in the ERP and generating required reports.
- Writing up and reviewing all Production Work Instructions, SOPs and training on the same
- Training all shop floor associates on Good manufacturing practices, SOPs and other systems.
- Liaising with relevant departments to look into and participate in all problem solving sessions where machines and manufacturing systems are involved.
- Communicate with the teams by utilizing the visual management, delivering shift briefs with focus on quality, cost and delivery, and gathering ideas for improvement
- Undertake performance management responsibility for team members, conducting appraisals and giving direction to aid good performance
- Ensure that non-conformance is challenged and counter-measures are agreed and implemented
- Lead and motivate the team to create a high performance culture where improvement suggestions are embraced
- Lead follow up to customer concerns, identify and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures. Sustain the corrective actions to eliminate repeat issues
- Ensuring that Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are monitored and targets achieved
- Coordinating with different departments in the company and working closely with other managers and supervisors to implement the company’s policies and goals.
- Review report on manufacturing activities, performance, and results and initiating corrective actions.
- Analyzing production data, timely writing and reviewing of production reports
- Initiate programs/processes that will lead to improved product quality, less waste and overall efficiency.
- Ensure adherence to ISO: 22000:2005 standards and ensure the hygiene standards are maintained.
- To chair quality circles and to assist in planning and to make recommendations on matters related to manufacturing and maintenance operations
- Continuously review and re-align production operations, policies and procedures to the overall corporate objectives
- Actively participating in any research on new product development and improvement of the existing ones.
- Undertaking any other assigned duties, when the circumstances at hand dictate so.
Shift Production Manager Job Responsibilities
- Degree in Food Science & Technology, Sciences, Engineering, or any other related field
- At least 4 years working experience in FMCG (Manufacturing)
- Knowledge in Good Manufacturing Practices
- Training and working knowledge of HACCP and ISO 22000
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to ERP systems and Microsoft Office
- Experience in successfully maintaining cohesive work teams in a dynamic environment
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Shift Production Manager – FMCG) to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday 4th August 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV