Job Title: Clinic Social Worker
Reports: Clinic coordinator
Hours: Monday- Friday, 8am to 5pm and Two Saturdays a month
Main Purpose of the job: To offer quality care to all clients / patients seeking healthcare services through psychological support to both the client / patient and the family, in order to achieve organization objectives
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide mental health screenings and initial assessments to clients.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the primary care providers to improve health outcomes.
- Use knowledge and understanding of the reciprocal influences of home, and community to intervene for client’s success via such practices as assessment, crisis intervention and response, home visits, conflict resolution, individual and group counseling, consultation, program development, and coordination of home and community services.
- Provide crisis intervention when needed.
- Preparing of socio-psychiatric history information, psychosocial assessment, and social work treatment plans for use in pre-admission screening and diagnosis.
- Develop long-term and short-term intervention plans consistent with the client’s needs, strengths, diversity and life experiences; and social and emotional factors.
- Use a variety of appropriate formal and informal tools and techniques including observations and interviews to evaluate the progress and performance of clients and families.
- Investigate child abuse or neglect cases and take authorized protective action when necessary.
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education.
- Counsel clients and patients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life.
- Organize support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client or patient.
- Maintain accurate and timely client records of activities, case management notes and prepare verbal and written reports related to the clients.
- Participate in mobilizing resources in the community, maintaining positive working relationships with the community stakeholders.
- Facilitate linkage of clients to other specialized programs for support/further management
- Participate in workshops, meetings and conferences.
- Diploma/Degree in Social Work Development or related course
- At least 2 years post college working experience
- Good writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational and mobilization skills
- Good computer skills
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic set up
How to Apply
Submit your applications together with a detailed CV to [email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries The subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Applications should reach us not later than 14th December, 2016