Shining Hope for Communities
Position: Clinical Officers (2)
Reports to: HSPO
Hours: Monday- Friday, 8am to 4pm, and two Saturdays a month
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clerking, examination, diagnosing and treatment of patients;
- Prescription of medications;
- Maintaining and reviewing patient records, charts and other pertinent information;
- Maintaining patient confidentiality;
- Responding to enquiries relating to patients, lab requests, x-rays, prescription requests, etc.;
- Coordinating appointments for specialist referrals, x-rays lab testing, etc and conveying pertinent instructions and information to the patient;
- Attending to CCC patients and managing opportunistic infections;
- Conducting continuous medical education and health educations as may be required
- Work as a team member with staff of other cadres in ensuring quality service provision
- Being accountable for any equipment assigned and reporting to the line manager as may be required.
- Performing other related duties within the clinic as may be assigned.
- Registered clinical officer preferably trained at KMTC
- 2 years’ experience in a busy health facility
- Current Practicing license is mandatory
- Basic HIV training/ experience will be an added advantage
- Make appropriate diagnosis
- Good clinical skills – history taking, physical examination, ordering appropriate laboratory investigations
- Treat patients with respect
- Good Interpersonal and time management skills
- Communication and decision making skills
- Good recording keeping and reporting skills
- Be able to perform minor surgical procedures.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, [email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach us no later than 30th August 2016.