Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Position: M&E Coordinator – Mathare Site
Reports to: Program Manager and M&E Manager
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 8.00am -5.00pm
- Ensure timely monitoring of the implementation of the program activities in accordance with SHOFCO, M&E systems and procedures.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of project grant monitoring activities
- Prepare and regularly update the M&E monitoring framework for the site.
- Prepare and regularly update grant M&E field visit schedules in direct collaboration with the respective departments
- Participate in field monitoring visits. Follow-up with the departments on relevant recommendations.
- Prepare monthly M& E site update report, regular project reports and analysis as required and Produce different analytical tables corresponding to reporting and M&E requirements
- Ensure the timely collection of project M&E data (according to the tools and written reporting procedures) and
- Verification of departmental reports and data.
- Provide training /support to program officer’s coordinators and other M&E staff in the area of monitoring and evaluation/report writing in the site.
- Administer all databases used in M&E of the project (data base on clients, health goods, pharmaceuticals, etc.).
- Assist in the regular collection of results for the project process indicators, with participation of management and relevant staff.
- Provide necessary inputs for the financial and programmatic reports, communication materials as may be required by management.
- Accurate and timely reporting to the M&E manager technically and administratively to the Program Manager Mathare site.
- Provide information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Document and track innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Lead development of quality assurance systems for the project to ensure data quality.
- Ensure appropriate data collection tools and systems are in place and are being used correctly by staff and partners to collect required and accurate data for performance, monitoring and evaluation.
- Identify M&E technical assistance (TA) needs of departments, facilities and provide/organize TA through training, mentorship, and/or on-site supervision with support from the Program Manager.
- Participate in program monitoring visits/forums with other project staff as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required by Program Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, statistics, demography, development or health related subjects, or equivalent standard of education.
- Strong Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Strong command of computer software applications, including database experience
- Minimum 3 years experience gained in programmed management monitoring, including programme monitoring and evaluation, operational research, community development work and capacity building
- Working knowledge of Global Fund, USAID programs and other donor funded program
- Experience of developing and using management information systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and manage team
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Excellent written, analytical, presentation and reporting skills
- Proven ability to collect and analyses of key outputs and outcome of data using excel, SPSS, STATA, Open MRS, Salesforce
How to Apply
Submit your applications together with a detailed CV to [email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries The subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Applications should reach us not later than 14th December, 2016