Head Teacher Job at SHOFCO[flag country=”ke”]
SHOFCO, Mathare School for Girls is currently looking for an outstanding educator to serve as a Head teacher and lead professional development for teachers, join our growing team, and to become a collaborative and important member of the School’s Education Management team. The role will entail overseeing all of the operations of our Mathare School for Girls.
Responsibilities for the Head Teacher Job
- Direct supervision of the Deputy Head Teacher, Social workers and the whole faculty of the school.
- Coaching, mentoring, and evaluating the performance of the whole faculty
- Working collaboratively with the Director of Education and Education Management team to assure that the programs of the school are consistent with the vision, mission, and guiding principles of SHOFCO schools.
- Ensure proper implementation of SHOFCO Curriculum using recommended teaching methodologies.
- Ability to offer Teacher training on curriculum design, implementation and evaluation.
- Prepare School budgets and ensure efficient usage of school resources.
- Ensure proper implementation of school policies and advice on their review.
- Create conducive working environment between the school and the parents and handle all parent issues in a timely manner.
- Development of a long-range in-service plan for the faculty in collaboration with the Education Management team.
- Representing the school in Interactions with government officials and any Public functions.
- Collect, analyze, share and interpret internal and external school assessment data and ensure that data is used strategically to improve student academic performance.
- Oversee planning, execution and analysis of intervention programs targeted at needs of diverse academic subgroups, whether remedial or enrichment.
- Develop and administer the general school routine, and coordinate all activities within the school.
Qualifications for the Headteacher Job
- Degree in Education
- MUST be registered with TSC
- Experience and training in a student-centered approach to education that encourages exploration, inquiry, problem-solving, and real-world thinking skills
- Experience working with primary school and/or middle school children
- Experience in school administration
- Collaborative leadership skills
- An advocate of a progressive approach to education with the ability to communicate what it means to both faculty and parents.
- You must have a track record of excellent performance in the schools you have led.
- Experience in a rigorous, high-expectations school setting including at least one instructional leadership role (e.g., department chair, grade level lead, teacher coach, etc.)
- You are widely recognized as a highly effective teacher and can model what great, inquiry-based teaching looks like
- You have a track record of improving other people’s performance through coaching and build uncommonly strong relationships
- You are driven by data and know how to use data from student assessments to strengthen and differentiate student learning
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to, [email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries.
The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Applications should reach us no later than 21st May 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.