Inventory Assistant Job At Shofco In Kenya
Job title: Inventory Assistant
Reports to: Inventory Manager
Hours: Mon- Fri, 8am to 5pm
Inventory Assistant Job Purpose
- The position holder will be responsible to help in rapidly procuring program supplies, services and equipment whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- Reporting responsibilities
- Monthly Reports to the Supervisors.
Inventory Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Receiving, storing and issuing goods to all internal sub stores and users and keeping proper records of all transactions.
- Regularly running items below re-order level report and raising timely purchase requisition orders.
- Coordinating material receiving from external suppliers.
- Inspecting and verifying material items received from suppliers against purchase order specification and supplier delivery documents.
- Transferring material commodities to respective storage shelves and departments whilst ensuring proper handling, shelving and coding of materials/items.
- Maintain the First Expiry First Out (FEFO) and First in First Out (FIFO) systems for storage and issuance of items.
- Assist in inventory spot checks in the organization.
- Participate in carrying out daily, quarterly and random stock takes.
- Ensure that any stock variances are thoroughly investigated, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Submission of inventory (consumables) report on a weekly basis in terms of receipts and issuance.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Procurement Manager.
Qualifications For Inventory Assistant Job
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Degree or Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field.
- Knowledge and Experience in Inventory Management
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Two year’s work experience in procurement, at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Knowledge in Systems and Records Management
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, [email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries. Applications without this information will not be considered. DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach us no later than 10th June 2016.