Shining Hope for Community (SHOFCO)
Job title: Pharmacy Store Assistant
Reports to: Clinical Coordinator
Hours: Mon- Fri, 8am to 4pm and two Saturdays a month from 9am-3pm
Main purpose of the job: The position holder will be responsible for maintaining inventory of all drugs and equipment purchases in the store whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- Monthly Reports to the Supervisors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receiving, storing and issuing goods to all drugs while keeping proper records of all transactions.
- Regularly running items below re-order level report and raising timely purchase requisition orders.
- Ensure the store is clean and well organized
- Verify ledgers, invoices, statements and supporting
- Inspecting and verifying items received from suppliers against purchase order specification and supplier delivery documents.
- Transferring material commodities to respective storage shelves and departments whilst ensuring proper handling, shelving and coding of materials/items.
- Maintain the First Expiry First Out (FEFO) and First in First Out (FIFO) systems for storage and issuance of items.
- Assist in drug spot checks in the organization.
- Participate in carrying out daily, quarterly and random drug stock takes.
- Ensure that any drug stock variances are thoroughly investigated, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by clinic manger Manager.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Diploma or certificate in stores and supplies or its equivalent
- Knowledge and Experience in Inventory Management
- Two year’s work experience in inventory management
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Knowledge in Systems and Records Management
- Experience in medical supplies management /training in pharmacy at whatever level will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, [email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries.
- Applications without this information will not be considered.
- DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications should reach us no later than 14th June 2016.