Duma Works is recruiting a Shop and Office Assistant for our client; a social enterprise funding education in Kenya.
Job Overview: We are looking for someone that has the abilities to problem solve and able to learn quickly as the job has excellent prospects for those that are looking to move upwards within the organisation.
You will need to be self motivated and and want to achieve both personal growth and other goals.
All team members work 5 and a half days a week and this will include weekends, half of one of the day you will be invited to join our outreach program, to get involved in one of our community projects.
Job Objective: To deliver happy, friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of our clients, with the key aim of retaining and attracting new clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Being a fully committed member of the team to help and assist both clients and other team members.
- Receiving items from our warehouse and confirming all receipts, Issuing products/items to clients who come to pick up, handling walk in customers, handling daily financial reconciliation.
- Administrative, office and sales support. Which will include mailing, scanning, data entry and copying activities while maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Assist the team in keeping the shop/office reception area clean and tidy, at all times
- Assist the team in maintaining supplies/resources inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Attend to visitors and clients and assist other team members in the office.
- Be able to operate a range of office machines such as photocopiers, computers and faxes.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports and invoice processing
- Happy enthusiastic member of the team
- A minimum of a Diploma in business related field
- An excellent understanding of Microsoft Office, Google and the ability to learn and pick up new skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills, strong organizational and planning skills, excellent time management, the ability to multi-task and prioritize work is key.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, able to compose letters and communicate with clients to make sure any problems are solved in a friendly helpful manner.
- Able to fit into and work as part of a team, for a fast growing company.
- Deliver excellent customer service at all a times, through our different channels
How to Apply
Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “ 2250”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2250, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through Deadline for receiving applications: 15th June 2016 N.B. * When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.