Republic of Kenya
County Assembly of Siaya
The Siaya County Assembly Service Board wishes to recruit a competent and qualified person to fill the following position:Director – Legislation, Procedures & Committee Division
Basic Salary ksh.109,089,
House Allowance ksh.20,000,
Commuter Allowance ksh.16,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Clerk of the County Assembly in general supervision and running of Plenary, Legal and Committee services sections,
- Handling external relations regarding County Assembly Association, exchange programs, international desks and conferences Assists the Clerk of the County Assembly in general supervision and running of Plenary, Legal and Committee services sections,
- Handling external relations regarding County Assembly Association, exchange programs, international desks and conferences
- Provides advice to the Speaker, honorable Members and other presiding officers on Assembly procedures.
- Coordinates the preparation and presentation of orientation programs for newly elected members of the County Assembly including legislation, legal advice, oversight, research committees, and finance and budgeting.
- Enhances public understanding and knowledge on the work of County Assembly to increase public accessibility and awareness.
Required Qualifications for this post
- Masters degree in social sciences or law
- Bachelors degree in social sciences/Political Science/Sociology/Economics/Public Administration/law/Business Administration.
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS-III )K
- Post graduate diploma in any of the above disciplines
- 3 years’ experience as Principal Clerk Assistant or equivalent position
- Knowledge and strong experience in legislative procedures.
- Have proficiency in the use of basic computer applications.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their telephone contacts, copies of relevant academic and professions certificates, national identity card or passport and other relevant supporting documents.
In addition, as part of compliance with Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010, all applicants should submit certificates of clearance from the following institutions;
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission,(EACC)
Higher Education Loans Board, (HELB)
Credit Reference Bureau, (CRB)
Criminal Investigations Department, (CID)
Kenya Revenue Authority, (KRA)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
All applications should be delivered in a sealed envelope and clearly indicating the position applied for in the reference line and be addressed to:
The Secretary, Siaya County Assembly Service Board Siaya County Assembly Buildings.
P.O Box 7 – 40600,
Email: [email protected]
Applications should reach the County Assembly Service Board on or before 28th August 2015
Note: Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
County Assembly of Siaya is an equal opportunity employer; women, youth, persons with disability and serving civil servants are encouraged to apply.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us by 25th September 2015.