At Siginon Group, our determination to achieve our vision of being Africa’s world class logistics company is the driver of everything we do.
We are proactively designing systems and processes that ensure operations excellence and peace of mind for our customers.
Block by block, we are building a team of Qualified, Motivated, Competent and Energized individuals with a Winning culture to drive this vision.
It’s with this in mind that we announce the following vacancy based in Mombasa.
Reporting to the Finance Director – Siginon Group Ltd
Job Purpose: To lead the development and operation of a successful supplier management strategy and infrastructure relating to agreed supplier spend categories and manage the established processes to deliver quality services to customers in keeping with the company’s overall procurement strategy to meet Siginon’s business objectives.
- Advise the Finance Director on appropriate procurement strategies and implement the approved plans
- Design, implement and review procurement policies and procedures in line with overall company objectives.
- Conduct market research to identify pricing, availability and benchmarks.
- Contract and manager service providers.
- Design, implement and review procurement policies and procedures.
- Maintain supplier contacts.
- Evolve procurement initiatives in liaison with IT Department.
- Develop and train procurement manpower.
- Prepare procurement budget and provide realistic pricing information.
- Liaise with various governmental, non-governmental and other agencies to ensure compliance with the law.
- Develop category spend strategy, in line with overall procurement strategy and agreed targets for cost and quality.
- Develop the profile for procurement across all areas of the company, providing effective leadership, guidance and expertise in all aspects of procurement.
- Select, negotiate with and maintain motivated approved supplier relationships that deliver agreed cost, service and quality standards.
- Closely monitor and manage supplier cost, service and quality performance. To conduct price analysis and when necessary obtain cost analysis.
- Appraise staff, identify their strengths and weaknesses and recommend suitable training to develop their potential
- Liaises closely with key stakeholders/internal customers in the development and coordination of supplier selection criteria.
- Ensure satisfaction of the internal customer in the quest to satisfy the ultimate customer.
- Provide secretarial service to tender, seeking quotations, analyzing and tabling results and your professional recommendation to tender, management or Finance Director as the case may be.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Basic Degree from a recognized University.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies
- Member of recognized professional body for Procurement Specialists.
- Integrity beyond reproach
- Natural team player
- Innovative individual.
- Upto 10 years working experience
How to Apply
If you believe that you have what we it takes, please submit your application and detailed CV indicating your current and expected remuneration by emailing [email protected] to reach not later than September 20, 2015