At Siginon Group, our determination to achieve our vision of being Africa’s world class logistics company is the driver of everything we do.
We are proactively designing systems and processes that ensure operations excellence and peace of mind for our customers.
Block by block, we are building a team of Qualified, Motivated, Competent and Energized individuals with a Winning culture to drive this vision.
It’s with this in mind that we announce the following vacancy based in Mombasa.
Tenders & Quotations Officer
Reporting to the General Manager
- Develop quotations’ templates with standard costs included, indicating all conditions and rates for storage, demurrage, as well as Siginon policies and requirements. This shall be developed for all SGL product lines, Mombasa and Nairobi. This will consequently facilitate easy quotations preparations as there will be very few variables to be decided by the sales / prospecting depending on the clients’ needs, market and competitor intelligence.
- Develop quotations workflow system to enable all quotes to be generated automatically and serialized for future reference and analysis of hit and miss rates / reasons. All quotation documents must be generated from this file only and must be referenced at the point of generation to capture the dates, staff uploading, etc. To be done in liaison with IT.
- Develop a database / shared folder to include the standard / recommended pricing for all SGL products and services, Mombasa and Nairobi. This will then be continuously used as a guide by sales and prospecting staff to determine what to quote to various prospects.
- Develop / create and maintain a repository for all tendering documentations requirements, e.g. copies of company profile, certificate of incorporation, AEO certificate, organogram, driver training information. This will be used by sales staff in preparation of the tenders to various clients.
- Profile and identify reliable WCA agents from countries in which we are expected to forward from. Obtain the relevant countries from sales staff.
- Assist the sales staff in preparation of complex and large tenders and quotations and provide market intelligence as required. (Target: on going)
- Manage all the WCA enquiries, website enquiries and all sales coming directly to the company. Target a conversion rate of 35% Provide monthly report on this with clear details.
- As a member of sales team:
- Provide a weekly activity plan / report every Friday by 2.00 pm to be used in the Monday weekly review meetings
- Deliver monthly gross profit in line with performance objectives
- Prepare and submit monthly report by the 5th day of the following month.
- Once items 1 – 4 are completed effectively, you will perform other duties on, on- going basis as part of the SGL sales team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration, Procurement & supply chain, Commerce or related field.
- Knowledge in clearing and forwarding business, warehousing and projects management
- More than 5 years in a similar role in a large organization.
How to Apply
If you believe that you have what we it takes, please submit your application and detailed CV indicating your current and expected remuneration by emailing gr[email protected] to reach not later than September 20, 2015