Skye Planners Limited is a professional corporate event management company incorporated in Kenya.
We are looking for an energetic, presentable, outgoing and self-driven Admin and Finance Intern to join the team.
The internship period will be three months renewable based on performance where terms will be reviewed.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Assist in writing effective admin documents including letters, minutes, memos, contracts, proposals, reports, presentations and undertake full quality assurance to ensure that they conform to our company or client’s standards and will promote the image and objectives of the organization
- Manage and update all social media platforms for the company and related ventures
- Proactively respond to client’s requests or enquiries and resolve complaints problems independently with appropriate management guidance.
- Attends and contributes ideas to event planning meetings
- Assist in maintaining and updating database for service providers and clients
- Assist in reviewing documents and promotional materials
- Obtaining quotes and sending out suppliers briefs and follow up to ensure effective implementation
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Prepare and control administrative budgets
- Handling all calls, message recording and communicate in a timely manner
- Schedule appointments with clients and suppliers
- Keep projects in schedule and follow through to ensure delivery within deadlines
- Take initiative in Manager’s absence
- Incharge of petty cash and reconciliation of receipts
- Assist in overall administration work including filing of documents and returns, photocopying, printing among others
- Update and follow up delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines
- The intern will learn and assist in conception, overall design and co-ordination of events
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree or any other related field
- Knowledge of computerised accounting system such as Quick books, SAGE is an added advantage
- Proficient use of Microsoft office applications
- Conceptual and analytical skills and have an eye for detail
- Good organizational skills
- Deadline oriented
- Passionate, punctual and proactive individual
- Computer proficiency
- Team player and excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above criteria and are interested in pursuing this opportunity should submit their application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 October, 2015.