Urwego Opportunity Bank Ltd is dedicated to provide a ladder of opportunity to achieve a life free from poverty with dignity and hope, as we proclaim and live the gospel of Jesus Christ. Its mission is to achieve economic, social and spiritual transformation in the lives of underserved, using financial services and related training as we share Jesus Chris’s love.
Urwego wishes to recruit 2 qualified, competent and proactive staff for the following position:
JOB TITLE: Small and Medium Enterprise Associate
DEPARTMENT: Small and Medium Enterprise (SME)
REPORTS TO: Small and Medium Enterprise Manager
To develop and manage a portfolio of micro lending clients with minimum supervision to achieve growth targets as well as maintain excellent portfolio quality. To provide reliable and quality customer service in a way that promotes Urwego Opportunity Bank’s entire business and enhances transformation in clients’ lives.
A.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Marketing and Business Development of micro lending products to achieve growth targets
• Proactively identify potential loan clients, especially women
• Educate small business owners in area of operation on UrwegoOpportunity Bank’s products and services and ensure all potential clients understand the responsibilities attached to a loan.
2. Process and Administer loans
• Collect and verify all client information and perform comprehensive assessment of a potential client.
• Make objective recommendations on a potential client’s character, credit worthiness and paying capacity to the credit committee.
• Ensure loans are processed in a timely manner according to the agreement, customer needs and bank lending policies.
3. Monitoring and recovery of delinquent loans from the Portfolio at Risk from one day to 90 days
• Maintain comprehensive records on all clients and submit timely reports
(e.g., client exits, warning letters, etc.)
• Monitor usage of loans by clients to ensure regular loan payments
1. 4. Maintain Superior Levels of Customer Delight
• At all times, treat prospective and actual clients with respect, integrity, stewardship and commitment to the poor in line with UrwegoOpportunity Bank’s core values.
• Maintain client focus in all transactions to ensure maximum customer delight.
• Act as liaison between clients in the fields and Loan Underwriting Team Leader, giving client feedback and providing recommendations on improving products to be more client-focused.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a business related subject from a reputable University.
• Experience and training in Lending/credit management gained from a financial, banking and/or microlending background.
• Experience of 2 years in Lending/credit management gained from a financial, banking and/or microlending background.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of related lending and compliance regulations, and other bank lending policies.
• Basic experience and/or training in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
• Good skills in organization, delegation and time management
• Excellent negotiation, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of the economy/markets where Urwego Opportunity is operating
• Basic skills in personal computer operation, word processing and spreadsheet software.
How to apply: Interested qualifying candidates may submit application including the following:
1) Motivation letter,
2) Comprehensive curriculum vitae,
3) University degree Certificate.
To: Human Resources Department, Urwego Opportunity Bank Ltd.
(Head Office at Remera – Kisementi)
Deadline for application: 9th October 2015 at 5PM.