Small Grants Programme Internship At UNDP GEF
The GEF Small Grants Programme embodies the very essence of sustainable development by “thinking globally acting locally”. By providing financial and technical support to projects that conserve and restore the environment while enhancing people’s well-being and livelihoods, SGP demonstrates that community action can maintain the fine balance between human needs and environmental imperatives.
The programme provides grants of up to $50,000 directly to local communities including indigenous people, community-based organizations and other non-governmental groups for projects in Biodiversity, Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation, Land Degradation and Sustainable Forest Management, International Waters and Chemicals.
The GEF Small Grants Programme currently has a secretariat of only two staff. The programme has a heavy workload of grant delivery.The purpose of this internship is to assist the secretariat with administrative, financial and programme related work.
This internship is unpaid.
Small Grants Internship Responsibilities
- Assist in retrieval of documents as required;
- Assist with meeting arrangements for both internal and external meetings;
- Input data information on global SGP database of GEF SGP awarded projects;
- Assist with research, data collection and preparation of documents for knowledge management products;
- Liaise/follow-up with UNDP CO and UNOPs on all payments.
- Delivery schedule- The Intern shall provide the above services for a period of three months.
- Prompt feedback to National Coordinator on requested documents;
- Prompt feedback to grantees on scheduled field visits or required documents;
- Meeting arrangements and appointments done in a timely manner;
- Database is current with latest info on projects;
- Documents of certain files scanned and electronically filed.
Qualifications For Small Grants Internship
- Highly organized;
- Works toward creative solutions by analysing problems carefully and logically;
- Acknowledges and responds constructively to the points of view of others;
- Good Organizational and interpersonal skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Education- Recently completed bachelor’s degree or in final year of undergraduate studies.
- Basic knowledge of accounting an asset.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply