SME & Institutional Banking Officers Jobs at SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited
SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited is a dynamic Christian based bank regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, whose Mission is “To empower our customers through provision of market driven financial solutions”.
We are inviting applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates who are passionate about transforming lives in the society, to fill the following position
Responsible for marketing Banks’ products and services in churches, SMEs and Institutions to recruit and intake of new customers, processing and disbursement of loans and ensure timely collection of the same to ensure healthy portfolio and happy satisfied customers.
SME & Institutional Banking Job Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To champion SME product in the Branches.
- Prospect new SME clients and assist in loan application.
- Conduct and ensure proper loan appraisals to be measured by approval success rate.
- Prepare and execute loan contracts and arrange for disbursement of loans.
- Ensure client retention through excellent customer service and maintain a good relationship with existing SME customers.
- Engage in proper Know Your Customer (KY Vetting of clients using supporting documents and SME appraisal tools.
- Compliance to audit standards and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure periodic SME training is carried out at the branch to enhance awareness and cross selling.
- Ensure timely loan repayments through aggressive follow ups.
- Delinquency and default management actions as per credit policy.
- Mobilize deposits in line with branch targets
Qualifications and Experience for the SME & Institutional Banking Job
- A undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or equivalent.
- Knowledge in Sales and Marketing, credit risk management, credit lending
- At least 2 years’ experience in the financial sector with proven and demonstrable ability to grow SME business (for candidates applying for SME & Institutional Bankin.
- Proficiency in computers is mandatory.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Clear understanding of microfinance/banking industry is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills with excellent customer service.
- A team player with the drive to improve performance.
- Persuasive with strong recognition skills,
- Self-driven and possess the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
- Strong Christian values, commitment and passion for the transformation of the population.
- Aged between 25 and 35 years
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the criteria should download the “Job Application Form” at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities,and send their filled applications to [email protected] on or before Monday, 7th November, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.