Business Development Job at SMEP
SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited is a dynamic Christian based Bank regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, whose Mission is “To empower our customers through provision of market driven financial solutions”, with over 40 outlets across the country.
The Business Development Officer will be responsible for business development through marketing and recruiting of customers, processing and disbursement of loans and ensure timely collection of the same to ensure healthy portfolio and a happy and satisfied customer base.
Responsibilities for the Business Development Job
- Responsible for Marketing of Banks products and services
- Facilitate recruitment and registration of clients in existing and new groups
- Stimulate client training on SMEP policies, procedures and basic business skills, loans, business,e.t.c.
- Ensure that all clients contribute weekly savings and repay their loans on time
- Responsible to evaluate clients’ businesses and determine whether they are worth the amount applied for
- Responsible for client evaluations and loan processing.
- Responsible for maintaining a quality asset portfolio as per the Banks requirements
- Responsible for preparation and submissions of timely daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as per the Banks’ requirements to the respective Office Holders.
- Responsible for recording, verifying and assessing the chattels offered for loans with assistance of the Branch Manager
- Ensure follow-up of defaulters and collection of arrears
- Responsible for record keeping for all clients e.g. savings, loan status etc.
- Ensure client retention through excellent customer service
How To Apply
The full job profile is also on the website and qualified and interested candidates who meet the criteria
should download the “Job Application Form” at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled applications to [email protected]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.