SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited, a Christian based bank regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Ref: IA/4/7/HRD/2015The main purpose for the job is carrying out specific audit exercises on bank’s operations in an efficient, economical and effective manner.
The job may involve lots of travel within the country and requires a flexible person.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit the successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following: –
- Participate and contribute in the risk assessment process for target audit areas and documentation
- Prepare and implement audit plans for specific audit assignments
- Follow up and review of external auditors recommendations
- Develop, and implement audit tests and programs aimed at achieving the desired objectives in areas auditable.
- Prepare Audit reports
- Carry out fraud Investigations and instituting recovery measures for confirmed frauds
- Carry out the identified continuous monitoring reviews and report on the results at the agreed intervals.
- Assist in follow up and disposal of cleared audit issues logged from previous audits
- Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with the policies, plans, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations
- Reviewing the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verify the existence of such assets
- Reviewing operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations are being carried out as planned
- Advising on effective cost control measures, revenue collection systems and fraud prevention measures
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned/directed by management from time to time
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent, Banking professional qualifications is an advantage
- Three (3) years’ experience in internal audit or having been trained with a professional firm of accountants for at least two years
- Applicants with experience in auditing banking and IT environments have a definite advantage but must have at least one year experience in auditing
- Be aged between 25-35 years
- Applicants must be committed Christians
- Other Key Skills: Posses a high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail; numerical skills; have ability to prepare audit reports, interpret business records on finance, merchandise, and equipment. Including also excellent oral and written communication skills and ICT skills
How to Apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.