Credit Analysts Careers At SMEP In Kenya
Credit Analysts (3) – REF: CRA/04/2016
SMEP is a Christian Microfinance Bank with a nation-wide presence, licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya
The successful candidates will be part of the Credit Administration Department, reporting to the Team Leader, Credit.
Credit Analyst Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Analyzes and evaluates loan applications (financial data, credit reports, including ratio and trend analysis, peer/industry comparison, pricing review, and Cash Analysis). Also, review and analyze
the financial condition of any guarantors.
- Prepares narrative analysis of findings and presents the same for approval to Senior Management or Head Office Credit Committee.
- Identifies problems, potential problems with credit information obtained and coordinate with the necessary party to resolve the problems.
- Bank’s lending policies and identify exceptions and non-compliance with loan covenants while performing credit analysis.
- Stays informed regarding SMEP’s loan policy, changes in lending standards, and related legal requirements.
- Analyze credit and financial information (e.g., credit reports, tax returns, financial statements, etc.) to determine risk involved in lending money to Small and Medium Scale Enterprise, and individual borrowers
- Compare items such as liquidity and profitability with borrower’s peers.
- Underwrite loan applications including credit approval reports, credit analysis results and loan request summaries.
- In collaboration with the Team Leader, Credit, establishes high standards of credit analysis and ensure adherence to the same at all times.
- Conduct risk profiles of various business sectors to act as guidance in assessments of related credit applications.
- Run and Analyze credit concentration reports and advise the bank on measures to be taken in order to avoid high credit concentrations in particular business sectors and minimize SMEP’s credit risk exposures to such sectors.
- Ensures that lending policies and procedures, including sector concentration limits are adhered to.
In collaboration with all credit staff, ensures due handling of customer agreements.
- Analyses the loan book in terms of credit risk exposures to the bank and provides advice on courses of action for individual facilities.
- Provides credit risk reports depending on the area of operation on weekly basis to the Team Leader, Credit
Qualifications For Credit Analyst Jobs In Kenya
- A University Degree preferably Business, Accounting, or Economics
- At least 2 years of credit analysis, loan review or related experience.
- Practical Commercial Credit Analysis experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of internal micro finance operations and loan sales strategy
Other essential attributes;
- Strong knowledge of financial statement analysis and determination of credit worthiness.
- Knowledge of credit policies and procedures.
- Understanding of general accounting methods.
- Familiarity with loan documentation.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of microfinance and banking industry.
- Intermediate skills in personal computer operation, word processing and spread sheet software..
- Ability to set and deliver business goals specifically in the areas of portfolio quality, profitability, product
- performance, and risk management
- Strong analytical and influencing skills