SMEP Microfinance Bank Limited is a dynamic Christian based bank regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, whose Mission is “To empower our customers through provision of market driven financial solutions”.
We are inviting applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates who are passionate about transforming lives in the society, to fill the position of:
Marketing & Communication Manager
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the position holder will be responsible for providing leadership and direction in marketing and communication of the Banks products and services in order to meet company targets for growth and to contribute to Banks’ profitability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate, develop and review marketing and Communication Policies and strategies that optimize sales of the Banks’ products and services
- Develop and execute marketing plans, and programs both short and long term to ensure market share growth
- Plan and implement direct marketing approaches including targeting, personalisation of messages and measurability; data analysis, customer profiling and segmentation
- Develop digital & web marketing strategies in conjunction with the Business and ICT teams
- Conduct market research, intelligence and analysis in order to develop competitive product pricing plans
- Coordinate products promotional activities and events with appointed agencies and ensure adherence to the Banks’ and product guidelines
- Coordinate preparation of budgets and control expenditure and prepare status reports for management and Bank executives
- Lead and deliver brand marketing campaigns that ensures all content is customer focused and regionally relevant and engaging.
- Manage and Co-ordinate the Banks’ CSR activities in line with the Banks strategies and guidelines.
Key Qualities & Competencies
- Must have at least eight (8) years’ experience in Marketing & Communication ; four (4) of which must have been in a management role at a reputable institution preferably at a financial institution
- Must have experience in integrated marketing communication strategy formulation and demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing & communications activities
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital and social media
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills with experience in writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and experienced in developing and managing marketing & communication budgets
- Self-driven, results-oriented individual with a positive outlook
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and is mature, credible and reliable
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Between 35 to 45 years of age
- A Bachelors degree in either Marketing, Communication or Public Relations
- Must have professional qualifications in Marketing or Public Relations
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Membership to a relevant professional body e.g MSK, PRSK, will be an added advantage
- Must be proficient in IT skills
- Applicants must be committed to Christian values with a passion to serve
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the criteria should download the “Job Application Form” HERE (or at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities) and send their filled applications to [email protected] on or before Friday, 2nd December, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.