SME & Institution Banking Officer Jobs at SMEP Microfinance
Responsible for marketing Banks’ products and services in churches, SMEs and Institutions to recruit
and intake of new customers, processing and disbursement of loans and ensure timely collection of the
same to ensure healthy portfolio and happy satisfied customers.
Responsibilities for the Banking Officer Job
- To champion SME product in the Branches.
- Prospect new SME clients and assist in loan application.
- Conduct and ensure proper loan appraisals to be measured by approval success rate.
- Prepare and execute loan contracts and arrange for disbursement of loans.
- Ensure client retention through excellent customer service and maintain a good relationship
with existing SME customers.
- Engage in proper Know Your Customer (KYC) Vetting of clients using supporting documents
and SME appraisal tools.
- Compliance to audit standards and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure periodic SME training is carried out at the branch to enhance awareness and cross
- Ensure timely loan repayments through aggressive follow ups.
Delinquency and default management actions as per credit policy.
- Mobilize deposits in line with branch targets
Qualifications for the Banking Officer Job
- A undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or equivalent.
- Knowledge in Sales and Marketing, credit risk management, credit lending
- At least 2 years’ experience in the financial sector with proven and demonstrable ability to grow
- SME business (for candidates applying for SME & Institutional Banking).
- Proficiency in computers is mandatory.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Clear understanding of microfinance/banking industry is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills with excellent customer service.
- A team player with the drive to improve performance.
- Persuasive with strong recognition skills,
- Self-driven and possess the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
- Strong Christian values, commitment and passion for the transformation of the population.
- Aged between 25 and 35 years
How To Apply
The full job profile is on the website and qualified and interested candidates who meet the criteria
should download the “Job Application Form” at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled
applications to [email protected] on or before 29th April, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will