Monitoring & Evaluation Job at SNV
SNV is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist.
The M&E Specialist will lead quality monitoring and evaluation of SSH4A programming using the specific SSH4A framework to ensure quality information and reporting on results to partners and donors, as well as feedback into country level programming. The M&E Specialist will report to the SSH4A Results Multi-Country Programme Manager and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, under the Programme Management Unit (PMU). The M&E specialist is expected to:
Responsibilities for the Monitoring & Evaluation Job
- Provide technical direction and advice to ensure that project M&E activities are designed and implemented in line with the agreed SSH4A monitoring framework, defined results, and the guidance provided by the DFID M&E provider in compliance with process and procedures established by SNV and DFID;
- To lead on the review, guidance and implementation mid monitoring data collection and its use/application in across programme countries;
- Support optimization of country level program team use and management of M&E data related to SSH4A efforts and manage data at the DFID SSH4A PMU level;
- Pro-actively identify risks and conduct data quality assessments of performance indicators;
- Support global monitoring of DFID SSH4A Results Program according to established timelines, to include consolidation and analysis of data from nine country programs for internal and external reporting at regular intervals;
- Coordinate and participate in independent evaluations by external evaluators;
- Share and stimulate sharing of relevant M&E topics related to the SSH4A Results Programme within SNV, and translate relevant trends and developments into SNVs corporate PME policy and practice.
Qualifications for the Monitoring & Evaluation Job
- Advanced degree in related field with significant coursework in quantitative methods and research design;
- At least 5 years M&E experience supporting multi-country development projects;
- Experience and knowledge in WASH, particularly in sanitation and hygiene;
- Demonstrated skills in the development of: project M&E plans, data quality assurance systems, and effective data utilization practices to inform program decision-making and disseminate lessons learned;
- Significant experience in survey design and implementation, conducting household surveys, development of tracking tools, and analysis and write-up of survey results; experience with wealth disaggregated reporting;
- Experience with mobile phone-based data collection systems an advantage;
- Proven data management and quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills; specific knowledge and working experience with Stata is a must.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent writing skills.
Desired Start Date: June, 2017
Contract length: 2 years (with option to renew)
How to Apply
Click here to apply. Please apply by clicking on the apply button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 19th April, 2017. Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with position title “M & E Specialist” as subject/reference.