Reporting to the Chief Digital Media Administrator, the Social Media Administrator will be responsible for managing all the social media accounts for the Corporation. He/she will supervise and co-ordinate all content delivered to the social media. He / She will also be responsible for managing social media editors and assigning them access rights.
Social Media Administrator Job Key Responsibilities
- Manage all social media accounts in the corporation including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- Cross-promote the Corporation’s online & traditional product line.
- Conceptualize & execute online campaigns for various projects;
- Ensure all social media platforms are updated regularly;
- Ensure integrity of information on all social media platforms
- Update the Supervisor on new trends in online tools, applications, channels, design & strategy.
- Execute & monitor clients’ social media communication campaigns;
- Monitor campaign feedback & adjust or augment campaigns accordingly.
- Provide social media analytics and trends
- Update the Supervisor on the social media strategy.
Minimum Educational and Professional Requirements for the Social Media Administrator Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication/Journalism
- Three (3) years of relevant working experience
- Proficiency in IT skills
- Good understand Media Laws & Media Ethics
- Must be social media savvy, innovative & creative
- Must have a working knowledge of online technology and online news best practices and an appreciation of the business processes, protocols and controls
- Must be self driven, assertive, analytical, punctual and organized
- Must have excellent communication & writing skills
- Must be a team player, dynamic & able to work under demanding circumstances
- Demonstrable professional approach, enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust and loyalty
- Ability to keep abreast with evolving trends through continuing professional education in the area of digital platforms.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees. Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 9th December, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. MANAGING DIRECTOR KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION P.O. BOX 30456-00100 NAIROBI. KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply.