A Social Media and Graphical Designer is required to support a well-established, family owned Interior Design Retail business on an on-line campaign activity for the furniture sector. The ideal candidate MUST be an extrovert, passionate, able to hit the ground running on an exciting brand marketing project. The successful candidate will be expected to work Monday to Saturday and to work 50% on social media and 50% on graphical design.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
• Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals.
• Set specific objectives and report on ROI.
• Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
• Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout).
• Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions.
• Design advertising layouts to spec that include but are not limited to print ads, direct mail pieces, marketing and advertising collateral, online ads and banners, point of sale, and trade show signage and materials.
• Liaise with and manage production of said advertising collateral to desired standards and within agreed budget parameters.
• Retrieve and export files and artwork via the Internet; source stock images as needed.
• Keep abreast of current trends in design and technology advances.
• Continually seek creative excellence and innovation in all forms of marketing communications materials.
- A diploma in Graphical Design.
• Must have experiences working in graphical design.
• Must have hands on experiences in content management.
• Proficient with Windows & Mac OS and design software: Adobe InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator, and Microsoft Office.
• Must be willing to work on Saturday full day.
• Ability to develop print & digital art.
• Excellent verbal & written communication.
• Possess a collaborative mindset but also able to work independently as needed.
• Customer focus, attention to detail, deadline-oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Natural ability to multi-tasking.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Solid understanding of printing process, photography, illustration, layout, typography, logo development, colors, brand look and feel.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Willingness and desire to work in large retail business.