Our client is a software development firm that mainly offers software solutions to the health, education and general services sectors. They seek to hire an individual who will be responsible for designing, building, testing and implementing software code from specific user requirements and business needs.
The individual shall also be responsible for enhancing existing proprietary software applications as a result adding functionality in order to enable a positive end-user experience.
Salary: 60k – 80k based on experience
Software Developer Job Responsibilities
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
- Perform coding to written technical specifications.
- Develop front end graphical user interface design.
- Develop back end database design and application integration.
- Investigate, analyse and document reported software defects.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Participate in Project Planning and Project Management.
- Constantly update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Work as part of a project team, and communicate progress, technical issues and their resolution and shall report to the senior software developer and the technical director.
Qualifications for the Software Developer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related Degree
- At least 3 years experience with Microsoft Dot Net technology (including VB.Net, C#, ASP.NET [Web Forms and MVC]), MVC technology, HTML helpers, Razor, Ajax, Entity Framework. REST/SOAP web services,
- Programming skills, technical skills and database skills
- Proven ability to meet set deadlines
- Demonstrable Software Development experience with Windows based client/server applications and web based applications.
- Knowledge of database architecture and design.
- Ability to interpret written requirements and technical specification documents.
- Must be able to deal with complex situations that may also be time critical and stressful.
- Be able to travel and commute for extended periods of time
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams showing extreme teamwork skills and ethic.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Software Developer – Dot Net technology) to [email protected] before Wednesday 2nd August 2017. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV